Slots: Only one Digital Project Grant application per institution will be considered each year.
Internal Deadline: TBA
External Deadline: January 31, 2023
Recurring Deadlines: ; September 30, 2023 and so on.
Award Type: Grant
Anticipated Award Amount: Digital Project Grants are offered for up to a maximum of £40,000.
Process for Limited Submissions
PIs must submit their application as a Limited Submission through the Office of Research Application Portal: https://orif.usc.edu/oor-portal/.
Materials to submit include:
- (1) Single Page Proposal Summary (0.5” margins; single-spaced; font type: Arial, Helvetica, or Georgia typeface; font size: 11 pt). Page limit includes references and illustrations. Pages that exceed the 1-page limit will be excluded from review.
- (2) CV – (5 pages maximum)
Note: The portal requires information about the PIs and Co-PIs in addition to department and contact information, including the 10-digit USC ID#, Gender, and Ethnicity. Please have this material prepared before beginning this application.
Digital Project Grants are offered annually to institutions to help support a curator or research scholar undertaking a digital research project or research which will lead to a digital or online project.
The Grant is an award of up to £40,000.
Digital Project Grants are specifically designed to help institutions, galleries or museums towards the costs of supporting a curator or research scholar undertaking a digital research project or research which will lead to a digital or online project. These projects could take the form of:
- An online exhibition or curation of a digital project relating to British art or architectural history, or related topic
- An online catalogue or database of a collection or archive, or an online catalogue or database of a specific part of a collection or archive
- A research project using digital technologies, for example 3-D scanning or modelling, or which might make use of large datasets
Up to 33% of the proposed project budget may be allotted to capital costs such as the digitisation of resources, or web development.
The award will be paid directly to the institution as a lump sum only.
The institution should give details of any financial support already in place or funding expected or being sought from other sources.
Visit our Institutionally Limited Submission webpage for more updates and other announcements.